Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 30, 2013 - GUESS WHERE!

To those who want to know:
Hello! so it is transfer day and guess where I am?!?  My birth place!! I am staying in Košice! And with Sister Jones!! President McConkie says that we (the sisters) are doing so well and he doesn't want to move us (at least not yet!). I'm super glad that I'm staying. Of course I really want to serve in other cities but I really love my city! Funny thing though...by the end of this transfer I will have served here for 6 months. For those who are a little mathematically challenged, that's a third of my mission! I just can't believe it's going by so fast!! I really hope I'm doing everything I can to be a productive, efficient missionary at all times and in all things and in all places. ;) Well let me do my best to remember this past week...

Well honestly this week has been really difficult for me. I haven't felt like I've been progressing all that much whether in the language or in spirituality or anything really. In fact I sorta felt like I'd regressed. But you know I've figured out the problems, so I know where and what to fix. Not much happened this week besides some self-evaluation.

Sunday was just grand! We have two people on date for baptism (PK and PH) and they both came to church!! We met with PH after church and he's progressing really well. We only have a few things to teach him before he's completely ready for baptism. Our district sang "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" and it was amazing. I'm really perfecting my ability to sing and play at the same time. It was a little sad because it was Starsi Barber's last Sunday in Košice but it's okay as we'll see him again soon...he's the new Zone Leader! (more about that later.)
So the mission (or at least those in Slovakia) was buzzing that something new and different would be happening at transfers and here it is...
First off, Trencin is getting a new area! This means we have 3 in Bratislava (2 elder areas, 1 sister), 2 in Zilina (1 elder, 1 sister), 2 in Trencin, 2 in Nitra, 1 in Zvolen, 1 in Banska Bystrice, 2 in Kosice (1 elder, 1 sister).
Bratislava is back in the Slovak zone (before it was in Brno zone). [If you are lost...The numbers refer to the number of companionships in a given city.  By the numbers, we can tell there are 6 sisters (3 sets) and 20 elders (10 sets) serving in Slovakia.  Also, some elders have been assigned to a new area (Trencin) to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.]
 
Then a new missionary is being trained in Zvolen (typically where the Zone Leaders are) and actually the Zone Leaders are NOT companions! Elder Peterson is staying in Zvolen and training while Elder Barber is going to Banska and provide follow up training. I'm not sure how it will work out exactly but it's pretty cool. Plus I'm excited that Elder Barber will be one of the Zone Leaders because that means he can come do SINGING DISPLAYS with us!! (I always trying to get him to sing solos but he doesn't particularly like to sing in front of people.)

In my area, Sister Jones and I are staying and so is Elder Ferrell. Elder Guymon (he only has 2 transfers left) is coming to Košice! I'm really excited...Elder Guymon is really awesome and pretty much insists on only speaking Slovak.

I guess I'll just wrap up by saying that our Heavenly Father is the best! This week every time I had a question or concern, my companion was having the same thoughts. And most importantly, our questions and concerns were always answered. Some of them through the scriptures, others through our mission president and fellow missionaries, and others through letters from home (such as the Manual...Thanks Dad! The Law of the Harvest is pretty awesome! And thank you Brat Fish! You're letter was so encouraging!). I just KNOW Heavenly Father is mindful of me, His daughter who is in a strange place, doing strange things and He is supporting me and helping me with this. I'm so grateful to Him for the way He loves and the way He guides and the way He helps. Like sending His Son. "I am the way, the truth, and the light."  [Click on God Is Our Father  to see a video about our relationship with God.]

I love you all so very much!! Have a beautiful day!
S Laskou,
Sestra Whitney Sarah Johnson <3

No comments:

Post a Comment