Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 24, 2014 - Zilina

Ahoj!!
I'm am sooo dead tired right now. This past week was crazy busy plus it's been raining which always makes me sleepy...

Tuesday: This past week we had our koncert in Trencin and it was awesome! Though somehow I ended up singing a bunch of solos which I sorta hate seeing as it scares me. I sang I Stand All Amazed while Elder Brousseou played the guitar (it's really pretty)! There were a few...sketchy parts but mostly we sounded great. The koncert in Zilina is tomorrow and I'm sure it will go well.

Wednesday: The APs came all the way from Prague to go on exchanges with the elders...which means we did a singing display! This is the day though when everything got suddenly cold and the poor APs didn't have coats! It was freezing during the singing display (I didn't have a coat either but I'm tough ;)).

Thursday: KONFERENCE DAY!! We had training in Bratislava and it was amazing! It was very intense...we had 8 different trainings, each about 20 minutes. It was very direct (mainly because there wasn't lots of time-they had to say only the important things). And most importantly, it was very helpful. We also received some new finding methods. Sister Baird and I actually shared a brief summary of our Family History workshops and we're working on getting them out to the rest of the mission. Then we went on a guided tour around Bratislava. It's a gorgeous city...very big though compared to Zilina. All of the Czech missionaries were excited because for most of them it was their first time ever in Slovakia. Quite honestly it's best to be a Slovak speaker...we get the best of Slovakia and  the Czech Republic! ;)

Friday:  Not much happened this day...we had an adventure and found a new area to trakt. It's a really cute area full of domceks and families. We also had Polar Bear (our district language study).

Saturday: It was Elder Clark's Birthday!! So naturally I baked a cake. We celebrated during game night and one of our investigators came with her two children. It's been a long time since any of our investigators have come to game night and it was so much fun.

Sunday: We ate dinner at the Wrightsons and Sister Wrightson made gulas. It was delicious...I'm going to have to get the recipe! Also we had visitors from Brno. I don't know if I told you but during 3rd hour Sister Baird and I teach the Se girls. This past week we talked about the Atonement. It went pretty well plus it's great cause the girls understand English (to an extent) so we can watch some of the Mormon messages. (Click HERE  if you would like to watch some inspiring and beautiful messages.)

We are teaching some beautiful people right now...a couple of families oh, and an atheist who has asked us to meet with him. 

A few people have asked about things such as clipboarding or family history workshops so here's a run down:
English Classes: Once a week we teach a free english class. Sister Baird and I teach conversational.
Family History Workshops: We have 3 workshops about story recording. The first one is "What's my story?". It focuses on writing your journal and how to record your personal history. The second is "What's their story?". It focuses on recording the stories of family members. The third is "What are the lost stories?". It focuses on find and recording stories and information of our ancestors. The point is to get people interested in learning more about family history and eternal families.

Clipboarding: This is how we get people to the above items. Our distict goes out on the namestie with clipboard and a giant poster advertising either English classes or family history or a koncert. Then we stop people and ask them to write their name and number if they have interest in receiving a text about the advertised event.

That's more or less my thoughts for the week. I love you all and hope everythings going well!
S Laskou,
Sestra WhitneySarah Johnson<3

No comments:

Post a Comment