Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 17, 2014 - Zilina

Ahoj! Tak dnes len hovorím po slovensky...alebo nie**. Soooo first off Sister Baird and I failed at our SOL week. But we did set the record high of our transfer! Yay us! [**translation: "Hello! So today I speak only Slovak...or not". Personally, I'm thankful she chose to send the rest in English.]

Not too terribly much happened this week. Life in Slovakia per usual but this coming week is going to be crazy! We have a concert tomorrow in Trencin and training in Bratislava on Thursday and Elder Clark's birthday on Saturday. So here's what happened this past week...

Monday: We spent some time with the Elders, did some shopping (I bought a bible and a pravopis-it's a book to help out my Slovak.)

Tuesday: We had an awesome district meeting! Starsi Clark invited P, one of the members, to share about her conversion and it was beautiful. She talked about when she first met missionaries and could sense the goodness from them and they asked her the exact question that had been on her mind. She said her advice to missionaries is "Rely on the Holy Ghost and let him guide you."

 Wednesday:   We did some morning contacting for Family History and while doing so ran into a less active member originally from Kosice. We had been trying to get a hold of her (what a miracle).  I talked to her for a long time.

Thursday: This day was very busy, a little weird and slightly disappointing. In the morning we went to Vrutky to visit a member and returned and went clipboarding with the elders. We got a call from the Elders in Kosice. They told us they'd received a call from someone trying to get a hold of us and this person was now waiting at the church building . We quickly went to find K, our investigator. He was cancelling his lesson with us which was frustrating and disappointing because one of our members who lives outside of Zilina was coming to teach K with us and he was already on the train. I think K was just uneasy with meeting someone else. On the plus side, we were finally able to show K the church building.

Friday: Well Friday was beautiful! The weather was perfect and I wore short sleeves (but took a jacket b/c Sister Baird told me to...). Trencin district came and we practiced for our concert. Somehow I'm going to be singing three solos...I'm not really sure how it happened. I just kinda got assigned to do it. I'm slightly scared out of my mind...but I'm sure it will be fine in the end. We did a singing display and then Sister Baird and I contacted the university. It wasn't the best idea b/c we forgot it was Friday and thus no one was there but we found an awesome area to tract in! Plus we got a good workout-the walk to the university is mostly uphill and hard!

Saturday: This was our awkward day. We finished tracting a building and ran into a man who we taught once and it was incredibly awkward (mostly for him--he was really uncomfortable and Sister Baird and I just ignored the awkwardness and asked him how he was doing and what not). But Sister Baird and I set up two return appointments in the building so chances are we'll run into him again. Also the weather was rainy and cold on this day which was no fun.

Sunday: I taught Relief Society. It was really hard. My language skills were...lacking to say the least. Luckily everyone is really patient and most of them speak English so they helped me out when I needed it. Sister Baird and I did LOTS of tracting! It was fun and we set up two (more like 1.5-one is really shaky) return appointments.

So that was more or less how everything went this past week.
I love you all so very much and I miss you oodles!
S Laskou,
Sestra Johnson<3

No comments:

Post a Comment