Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 27, 2014 - Zilina

Hello Everyone!!

   Just so you know, I am soooo tired!!! This week was super busy and full of adventures!! 
On Monday, we made Halusky with help from Na (one of the members here)! It was sooo good and now I have one more recipe! YAY!! Also Sister Krauel and I went to Al's (Na's little sister) piano recital. It brought back so many memories of my own recitals. It was super cute and it also made me miss hearing my favorite pianists (Allison and Jaclyn! Love you!). 
Tuesday was our koncert in Trencin. We traveled there early to practice and help set up. The koncert went really well! It was the first lesson in Preach My Gospel (Restoration). There was a script read by members and missionaries and of course MUSIC!!
This was the program: 
1. God is Our Loving, Heavenly Father-I Am a Child of God (everyone singing accompanied with guitars), A Child's Prayer
2. Gospel Blesses Families-Love is Spoken Here
3. Prophets and Dispensations-Hark All Ye Nations (my district and Tibor, my uke), The Spirit of God
4. Saviors Earthly Ministry-I Heard Him Come (E. Hammond, S. Krauel and I sang and S. Kane accompanied us), Savior Redeemer of My Soul (I played and everyone else sang), Consider the Lilies (Sestry Kane a Belibi Minya)
5. Joseph Smith-Joseph Smith's 1st Prayer (the first vision video was muted and we sang starting with some of the elders soloing! It was sooo good!)
7. Testimony- I Know that My Redeemer Lives (I played and everyone sang)
Then on Wednesday we did the same thing!! It went really well even though some missionaries were starting to get sick. Luckily everyone is fine now! One of our members here, Ba, was our host. He read most of the script and bore his testimony at the end. It was amazing! He's prepping to leave on a mission this year so it was good practice! ;)
Thursday was super exciting because we had exchanges with the sister training leader and her companion! Sestry Graham and Huggard arrived here in the morning and then Sister Huggard and I went to Uherške Hradište in the Czech Republic! I was a Czech missionary for a day!! So much fun. Czech was different from Slovak but not by too much so I understood a lot of what was going on, which was good because we taught a few lessons and I taught advanced English there. The next day Sister Krauel came and got me and we returned to our beautiful city of Zilina! It was fun to be on exchanges but I really love being in my own area.
The rest of the week was normal...busy, busy, busy! The one difference in the weather. IT'S SO COLD! I'm wearing my fat coat and my thickest scarf and multiple pairs of socks and tights and leggings!! And I'm still cold! According to our elders it was negative 10 (in celcius, of course) this past week. I'm hoping it warms up soon but it will probably be like this for a little while.
I think that's all I've got for you this week! I love you all so much and wish you a warm week!
Love,
Sestra Whitney Sarah Johnson <3

No comments:

Post a Comment