Wednesday, August 21, 2013

July 29, 2013 - Kosice

Hello Everyone!!

     So this week was transfers and guess what!?! I'm still in the beautiful city of Kosice!! My new companion is Sister Jones. She's been out one transfer longer than me and she is such an amazing missionary! We were both trained by Sister Pysnakova. I don't really feel like to much happened this week...

     We have a huge teaching pool and its frankly quite amazing. President McConkie thanked us the other day because we've put in hard work (and lots of prayers) and had a lot of success. He said that we have set the example and that anything is possible for Slovakia.
     I think one reason we've had so much success is because we count on miracles. At our last training President McConkie told us missionaries that the missionary work in Slovakia relies on miracles. As a companionship, we started to count the miracles we saw everyday. When we missed our bus, it was okay because we talked with someone else and setan appointment up with them. When our next appointment cancels, it's okay because that means we contact some awesome people who want a Book of Mormon. And now as we've been doing this, we've come to expect miracles. We know that Heavenly Father has prepared this area and these people to hear the Gospel. We just need to rely on Him and go the extra mile to find those people
.
         I don't really feel like I've been here for 9 whole weeks but I guess time flies when you're having fun (or working hard).
    Right now it's crazy hot here and humid too. Just like Kansas. Sometimes I'm amazed that I'm in Europe...the weather is just like home!
    I love you all so very much!!

S Laskou,
Sestra Whitney Sarah Johnson <3

No comments:

Post a Comment